Friday, April 11, 2008

Project Hope :)

I finally managed to rediscover photos in my external hard disk finally after getting it fixed. (although i think i lost my Switzerland photos. the horrors!) so yah, nah there you go, my cambodia experience, since many people I know are going soon also!

I shall start from the end (because I uploaded the photos in this orientation and am too lazy to go shift everything around). So hello Vietnam!

Do visit the this whatever tunnels (I seriously forgot the name. chut chit? something like that lah) which the vietcong built to fight the americans, if i didn't get my history facts wrong. when they showed us the map of the entire network of tunnels, all I could think of were ants. anyways, its super impressive, get to shoot some rifles somemore. here is my friend pretending to be a tourist taking photo with my friend pretending to be one of the fake figures. haha!


Vietnamese traffic really rocks. can cross roads with a blindfold. cos firstly, jams are so bad that no motorcycles (not cars) are moving anyway and they will really really dodge you one. because they're riding at a slow enough speed. they seriously overuse their horns though. it's like the new vietnamese languagee. no such things as lanes.
This is what you see going down the mekong river. nice but, you ONLY see this for 2hours. AND the only way to cut the boat trip short is to drown yourself . I remember chingching telling me someone tried to sell their baby amongst all the fruits and vegs in the sampans waiting for tourists to come by.THE BEST BBQ I ever had with the team! the atmosphere was damn nicee lah. gosh i seriously miss that night in vietnam!

okay cambodia! This is where we stayed and also furnished. and painted. look at it in all its PINK glory! okay cant really see here but the entire first floor is pink! whahahaha. This is why I was happily painting way into the night and the next day while the rest of the team just died halfway. Christmas in Cambodia. that's the head of my team. doing a santa strip dance. very disturbing, very drunk. another really fun night! we sang xmas songs at top volume while walking through town in the dark(with our horde of kids following us) and stayed up late looking at shooting stars!

sorry but i'm going to brag here. this represents the number of people who turned up for the final day of the camp, WHICH I PLANNED. rocks lah :)motorbikes in cambodia also move very slow, but this time because the horsepower damn cui. so we could take photos and pass the camera between the bikes. until now i still cannot believe the guy riding the bike is actually posing for the photo also. wha lao, dont need to see where he's going one ah! scary.

Our best team photo. hha. maybe cos can't see our faces.


We also celebrated tangyuan day over there. made tangyuans from SCRATCH. I remember holding the see-who-can-peel-more-peanuts-faster competition. thats always a good way to improve productivity. take note, jess! haha. thank god my team had so many people who can cook! If not, everyday will get maggie mee which was what i cooked when it was my duty haha.
MUST MUST MUST try the pancake/waffle there. damn nice and super cheap!

Sunset :) one of those times in cambodia when you can anyhow take photo and it will still turn out damn nice.
This is how we prevented mosquitoes from biting us.
ooh and this is me, enjoying the lazy days in cambodia :))


the only complaint i've got is that our aim of going there seemed to cater to the richer area of pomh penh (i forgot how to spell this) as you can tell by the HOUSES and MOTORBIKES. i wished i was doing something more helpful for the pooper areas. oh wells, we still had fun :)) trips like this, really can never forget one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home