Sunday, March 30, 2008

what I meant when I said I am going insane.

i am finally done with my health psych essay. which was rather fun because we were explicitly instructed to 'write like you're a damn health professional' , and there's nothing i like more than acting pro.

I encountered several funny nonsense while researching for this essay.

firstly, a book whose title goes 'STRESS IN THE WORKPLACE'. very apt for my essay topic, but then i saw the next line in smaller print below it : '...and how to cause it' hahah! apparently it teaches employers on how to stress their workers out and maximise productivity. one of the idea was to: burst out laughing and say "that's a good one!" at a good idea presented at a meeting. it will undermine the confidence of already very good employees so they will not be complacent. the authors of the book are.how.evil.

and there's this article i found online which was talking about how successful and popular the theory is. the dude's exact words : "Get your favorite online search engine and type in the key terms “theory reasoned action” or “theory planned behavior” You’ll get so many hits you’ll think you’ve typed in some exotic slang term for sex." And talking about how the theory came about: "In the 1960s most college campuses were better known for riots, protests, teach-ins, free love, rock ‘n roll, and illegal substances, but in some departments some people were actually doing serious thinking." I obviously couldn't cite this.

I actually can't wait to start on my personality essay now. the topic promises 10 times the fun man!

I think psychology can be summed up in 4 words: biological, hereditary, environment, and personality. okay, so can i graduate nowww?

I think my family has officially gone crazy over studying. my brother is screaming at random people, i'm stoning and mumbling to myself, and my cousin giggling to herself as she plays Harvest moon. you should also check out her hair, damn explosive now. ahahaha so fun to watch people go crazy. like how i'm kind of looking forward to room bidding and the destruction it shall bring.

my dear c3 girls, we should MUST have one very last gathering, movie marathon, steamboat, SOMETHING before we move home and forget each other. haha. I have this idea to go around every block and take a photo of everyone (who has had an impact on me in any way, however small) in their respective rooms. BUTS, who has time to do something like that?

okay i think i should go take a nap. so the stupid kid at the downstairs playground had better stop crying in like 5 4 3 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home