Saturday, April 15, 2006

I was just reading Denise's entry and some similar others which my brother showed me and now at the end of it all, I am feeling incredibly stupid. I have been hopelessly ignorant of the world round me, spending my time on useless things like programme timings of uncontructive TV shows, who sings better than who and if I'm ever gonna pass my driving test. Was I always that self-involved? I recently started watching the news because my interview with NTU's coming up and I know I need to know some stuff. But I never thought deeply about any of the issues. What do I think of what's happening? don't know. don't care. And the way I write my entries! I sound like a child, am I really 18? For the first time in my life, I have this urge to be smarter. I know this sounds weird. but...oh I don't know. I'm just still stunned by how much I don't know.

Anyway there's this motivational talk I heard of from TV by I don't know who. I was just waiting for the ads to finish rolling when its topic caught my eye. I laughed when I saw the acronyms S.U.M.O flash arcoss the screen. (personally I hate acronyms, they're very much overused)Anyway I later found out that it stands for 'Shut Up, Move On', which has been popping up in my head for the past week. how accurate. we should all stop whining so much and maybe we'll get more done. More action, less talking, people. your life will be more well spent.

Anyone watched Miss Singapore Universe last week? There was this incredibly funny part where one of the girls was asked 'what song do you think best represents you and Singapore girls?' And her reply was Don't Cha by PCD. !!! Her time ended right from that moment she said it for sure. It's as good as last year's answer of dismantling my handphone to send out signals if I am trapped on a deserted island. How come they don't seem as smart to me? And does anyone notice the fact that most of them are ugly?! Who cares if you can answer the questions well enough if you can't even get past the swimsuit show? hello, in Miss Universe, it's beauty first, brains later. The top 10 are chosen from what? Beauty, of course. Choose the prettiest one in Singapore, then teach her until she's smart enough. It's just a couple questions, you don't need a rocket scientist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home