Sunday, December 23, 2007

Super cool party people.

I hate it when an emo, whiny post sits as the latest post because it's the first thing i see whenever I open to this page. major depressing. but I couldn't really find anything to blog about for so long...well, until now.

Christmas' been going on fine. in the company of those i love :)

in the past few days there's been a sudden influx of contact with people from my secondary school days. (xinmin the ah-beng school rocks la) And I just love it how we can still talk like we last met just yesterday. O how young and silly we were! Didn't matter, we still thought we were the coolest shit in town.

Spent the entire day with dear sam today. that boy is seriously rich eh. cedele's, then coffee club, then bakerzin. I think our plan to sit in all of the coffee places in town was rather successful. rather. I owe someone a gazillion dollars. then watched him carol. which made me dread my own caroling next week. it's so stupid, nobody listens, and angmoh kids running all over the place. but if you go out of tune, the entire hotel can hear you cause hotels are usually, well, dead quiet! yikes.

And dinner with the extended family on thurs went well. I'm seriously disappointed that we didn't get to bowl at all! But we caught National Treasure together so i guess it makes up for A LITTLE BIT of it. I miss the days of when we were younger and our parents would plan shit together like going to the zoo or those silly animal farms or having chalets, and movie outings. We kinda grew out of it after a while and the parents stopped planning these things for us because we complain so much about it. Plus, we always had our own plans with our friends and such. and the parents got old and they could no longer take late nights. But now, I kind of miss those days. not that I want to go back to visiting farms and amusement parks ( although actually i wouldn't mind that. haha.) but give us days that us kids can bitch about school and the parents bitch about work.

And I just want to go bowling.

We had a 5hr choir practice today. it was hell. but halfway through we had tangyuans. apparently today is some day where the chinese eat tangyuans. And it immediately reminded me of when I was back in Cambodia a year ago! Our dear programs head (who can cook) and logistics head (who can also cook) actually made tangyuans from scratch for the team. FROM SCRATCH. Like using flour for the outside and whole peanuts ( I took the chance to hold a peanut peeling contest!) for the filling. and we all helped roll the tangyuans, some of us attempting to make christmas trees and snowmans because it was so near christmas also. I can remember this specific scene where all 17 of us were all standing around the open air kitchen, telling jokes and talking crap as we rolled the tangyuans, one trying to be more creative than the other, and explaining the tradition to the locals who understood enough english. awww i'm almost tearing as i'm typing this! I miss cambodia and my entire team!

And I have a gift for all my dear mates in hall! I hope you guys like it. i swear it's super cute :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
I leave you with my favourite christmas song at the moment.

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS :)



Pine cones and Holly Berries
Popcorn for you, apples for me
Red striped candy, nut cracker handy
Kettle a-bubbleing hot as can be.
snow clouds hang low and threatening
Maybe in won't, praying it may
the brightest fireplace glows in every face
Waiting for Christmas day.

There'll be walk-a-round songs and
talk-a-round songs
Songs of the inn and stable.
There'll be morning time songs and
evening time songs
And grace at every table.
And Jingle bells will jingle all the way all day.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Everywhere you go;
There's a tree in the Grand Hotel,
One in the park as well
The sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
soon the bells will start
And the thing that will make them ring
is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home