Friday, June 27, 2008

People.

When I saw the ad on central talking about the tree man, I do not deny I almost screamed. He has, apparently, caught a virus somewhere after getting a cut and started growing tree like warts and eventually, branches. And you'd think such things only happen in comic books! Which brings me to my next point. Aren't superheroes just actually just superfreaks? I mean, why no one ever shunned spiderman? Hello this guy who can spin web (which can be put to good industrial use as we have learnt), climb walls, and such magnificent gymnastic abilities! And no one ever thought that maybe he is very poisonous? But eh a first look at tree man and we shudder and start to take pity. No one automatically goes "Ooh a real life superhero to save us from the crimes of evil! Whee!" This is so X-Men. except none of them ever has a useless superability. I mean, what if one day I discover I can write at superhuman speed? I still can only be a super good secretary. booo. But but but but, I digest, maybe tree man CAN be a superhero. This will probably sound very unsympathetic but one whack from his arm and you will die i tell you. He's currently working at the circus as a freakshow. But why should we take pity, it might just be evolution. Are we so egocentric that anyone different from the rest of us are naturally labeled as weirdos? It might just be something better, not something wrong.

Also, watch Earth from Above on arts central this July 2nd! this Yann Arthus-Bertrand is a genius photographer I must say!





And somebody buy me an air ticket to London already! Nobody told me Federer was only 26. So rich, so young, so talented and such nice bouncy hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home